Over voltage problems are the most frequent the most overlooked and neglected. Many times equipment failure, downtime, software and data corruption, are the result of a problematic supply of power. There is also a common problem with describing power problems in a standard way. We have tried to list out some of the common facts about over voltage issues
- Overvoltage, and its destructive effects, are well known but are often not recognized or understood.
- Little is documented in terms of its magnitude and frequency.
- It is difficult to identify, due to its sporadic nature, and often comes and goes undetected.
- Because of all the above, its existence is sometimes denied.
- Equipment failures due to overvoltage are often misperceived as defective equipment.
- Power companies do not deny its existence; but they do not publish or otherwise inform the users that it exists, or warn users of potential periods in which it may occur.
- Power fluctuations are also caused due to in–line equipment. Viz. Motor during its starting period draws heavy current due to which voltage drops causing imbalance and over voltage somewhere else.
- With very few exceptions, electrical power distribution systems are inadequate to provide voltage within acceptable limits to all users at all times.
- Power companies cannot prevent overvoltage because they can only react to its existence, usually in response to customer (user) complaints about failing appliances, etc.
- The time of response can vary widely (anywhere between one minute and weeks) depending on many variables in the distribution system.
- Overvoltage can occur at any time, due to many factors, but is most likely to occur during certain periods such as fast changing high load demands, as seen during severe cold weather periods.
- Power companies are mandated by law to provide service without overvoltage.
- Power companies are not held accountable by any regulation authority for overvoltage.
- Power companies will sometimes reimburse damage costs due to overvoltage if proof is provided by the complainant.
- Overvoltage can only be proved by the use of a voltage recorder.
- Some power companies offer overvoltage insurance to users.
- Over voltage events are misperceived to be equipment failures leading to their replacement with other brands that do not have overvoltage protection and essentially mask the effects of overvoltage which can lead to inevitable catastrophic failures.
- OVCD- Over Voltage Cut-off Device
- How does a Servo Controlled Voltage Stabilizer work?
- Product breakdown management
- Protect your Equipment from harmful power fluctuations..
- Give reliability to your UPS systems in high fluctuation areas. OVCD solves your servicing woes!!!
- Protect your electronics
Visit our website: www.microsystemservices.com
Our email us for more info at email@example.com
Only protection device for protection against neutral open and double phasing protection
Most of the equipments today are having power supply which can handle fluctuations between 170V to 270V. Also a lot of equipments have built in over voltage protection.
However there are accidental cases where trees fall on over head wires or accidentally neutral opens and resulting fault causes voltage in single phase to shoot upto 440V. The in built over voltage protection of any equipment is of no use , because they get damaged themselves. OVCD is protection device for protection against such problems of neutral open or double phasing.
If you look at the pictures above you can see a typical distribution line problem. There is chance of wire sagging and over head wires touching each other . this can easily cause double phasing condition.
OVCD cuts off the supply to equipment whenever there is such a problem and connects the supply only when the voltage comes back to normal.
It effortlessly withstands voltage fluctuations up to 440 Volts and spikes up to 6000 Volts. It is programmed with a power-on delay of 3 seconds (configurable) for initial surges which are harmful to any other device.
Why should you consider using OVCD before your equipment?
Now you can install your equipment in the worst electrical conditions without being bothered about service calls.
Cost to company if your product breaks down.
|Man power cost||Rs 800||Travelling and per day costof service person|
|Production down time||Rs 1000||Could cost upward dependingthe type of machine|
|Part replacement||Rs 500||Could cost upward|
|Equipment decay||Yes||Reduction of life of equipment|
|Disturbing to business focus||Yes||Significant( both to customersand vendor)|
|Replacement of product||Product cost||Capital Loss|
All figures in Indian rupees
Costs projected are indicative and may vary for product and services
OVCD is connected at before the equipment in use.
Incoming current will first pass through OVCD then into the equipment. OVCD continuously monitors the line voltage.
Whenever the voltage is above or below the set voltage limits the OVCD simply cuts the voltage to the equipment thereby saving it from the line disturbance. It reacts within fraction of second to the disturbance. OVCD will withstand the voltage even as high as 440 Volts.It however does not stabilize the voltage as in the case of other devices in the same category like Stabilizer, CVTs.
When the voltage returns to normal , the OVCD resumes the supply to the equipment with short power-on delay of 3 seconds(configurable). This feature is called the Smart Start. It prevents the initial harmful transient that may damage the Equipment.
How is OVCD better than other power conditioning / protection products?
|Protection up to 440V||
|Under voltage / Over voltage protection||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Protection from spikes||Yes
|Protection from over load||Yes
|EMI /RFI filters||Yes
Customized to suit your requirements.
We can customize the OVCD in following ways.
End Use application
|UPS||AC drives||Medical Equipments|
|Solar power plants||Compressors||CCTV system|
|Refrigeration equipments||Control Panels||Dish Satellite System|